Friday, September 19, 2014

What's coming up next

I've been very slack on posting here this month. This is mainly because I've been on leave, and trying to avoid computers as much as possible.

I did however read two gripping books which I'll be reviewing here next week. Both from the world of cycling as in the road racing sport. One is by Irish masseue Emma O' Reilly who used to work with Lance Armstrong - yes, the woman he said 'that' about.

And the second is Welsh cyclist Nicole Cook's autobiography, another very uncomfortable read for anyone with idealistic notions about sport. (Do people like that still exist - are you out there?)

A few more pages to go and thoughts to gather ...
SHARE:

4 comments

Support Women's Sport said...

We just stumbled across your blog and we love that you're trying to remove the invisibility cloak that sportswomen have been covered with in recent years. We are based in Australia and are trying to increase coverage and promote women's sport in Australia.

Slowly, day by day, we are gaining more followers and spreading the word one hashtag at a time. #supportwomensport

Follow our blog (supportwomensport.wordpress.com) or find us on Twitter @womenandsport.

We would love to have some international support!

Snowcatcher said...

I didn't realize Emma was writing a book, but I'm glad she did, and I can't wait to see your review. Both reviews should be very interesting.

I no longer think the world of athletes, but they are still human, and they do still do incredible stuff. So I won't give up hope...

Niamh said...

@Support Womens Sport - thanks for getting in touch, will check it all out now. Look forward to working on something together

Niamh said...

@Snowcatcher - took me longer than I'd hoped. But Emma's review is up now - you would really enjoy her book. Powerful writing, and really shows what a mess cycling had become. I came away very impressed with O'Reilly

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig