Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Wordless Wednesday: Iran

Newsha Tavakolian’s “To Be Twenty in Iran,” 2010. Polaris

(Not quite wordless:
New York Times article on May 30th says: "The artist Carlos Rolón, better known as Dzine, has long been a boxing fan, if not a practitioner. “My father took me for boxing lessons when I was 13,” he says. “I was more scared then excited. I developed a hernia.” The injury didn’t dampen his passion, which has led him to produce “Boxed: A Visual History and the Art of Boxing,” an image-driven compendium of the sport, from the Grecian Olympiads to bare-knuckle fighting to today’s megabucks stadium battles." Link is Here)


SHARE:

2 comments

Snowcatcher said...

What a gripping photo. So much contrast, so much personality!

Niamh said...

@Snowcatcher - brilliant I thought, says so much really. I've been reading 'The Book of Fate' by Parinoush Saniee from Iran so it really jumped out at me.

BLOGGER TEMPLATE MADE BY pipdig